Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top ten OTPs

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
In celebration, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about romance. We could choose exactly what we wanted to talk about, so I've decided to talk about my ten favourite couples of all time.
These are couples who I will ship until the day I die... Even if they die first, and totally ruin all of my plans for them to grow old and die together.

10) Jasmine and Royce - Something In Between
Image result for something in between
Melissa de la Cruz's own voices novel about an illegal immigrant in America has a wonderful relationship. Royce's father is a politician campaigning against immigrants, but he doesn't let his father get in the way of his relationship and supports Jasmine at every turn. 

9) Liam and Annie - 90210
Image result for liam and annie 90210 gif
Ugh, they're so painfully adorable. 
The first episode of 90210 I saw featured Annie and Liam breaking up. I quickly watched all of the older episodes, so that I could see them together, and prayed and hoped through the rest of the seasons that they'd end up together. 

8) Mara and Noah - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Image result for the unbecoming of mara dyer
I haven't read the third book in the Mara Dyer trilogy yet, but during the first and second books I cried heavily and regularly. I just wanted happiness for Noah and Mara SO MUCH, and the way Michelle Hodkin writes their relationship is so heartbreakingly relatable. 

7) Elena and Damon - The Vampire Diaries
Image result for elena and damon gif
Delena is endgame. If Delena doesn't happen by the end of the final season of The Vampire Diaries, I am rioting.

6) Maggie and Glenn - The Walking Dead
Image result for maggie and glenn gif
In some apocalyptic situations, you have couples getting together just for the sake of it, just so they don't have to experience the end alone. Not so with Glenn and Maggie. They're perfect for each other, it just took a zombie uprising for them to meet. 

5) Alaska and Pudge - Looking For Alaska
Image result for looking for alaska
Pudge and Alaska were the first couple that I really rooted for. Before that I'd thought it would be good if relationships worked out, and I felt happy for those that did, but I didn't really CARE... Until John Green stomped all over my heart and made me eternally sad. 

4) Aria and Ezra AND Hanna and Caleb - Pretty Little Liars
Image result for aria and ezra gif

Image result for caleb and hanna gif

Okay, I also love Emily and Alison and Toby and Spencer, but it would have been RIDICULOUS to choose all four Pretty Little Liars couples. 
I can't choose between Ezria and Haleb, though. Just look how happy they are. So beautiful. So pure.
Again, if these two aren't endgame, I'm rioting. 

3) Clarke and Lexa - The 100
Image result for clarke and lexa gif
UGH, BE STILL MY BEATING HEART. 

2) Steffi and Rhys - A Quiet Kind of Thunder
Image result for a quiet kind of thunder
I've been talking about A Quiet Kind of Thunder a lot recently, and that's because STEFFI AND RHYS. They're the GREATEST bookish couple OF ALL TIME, EVER. I can't get enough of these two. Sara Barnard is a freaking genius. 

1) Lucas and Peyton - One Tree Hill
Image result for lucas and peyton gif
If you haven't watched One Tree Hill yet, be warned that it is a ROLLERCOASTER. Lucas and Peyton break up and get back together and break up and get back together and break up and... Oh, it was pretty tricky to keep track. But they're my favourite couple OF ALL TIME. EVER. 

I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday! Do you ship any of these couples, or do you think all of my choices are completely wrong?

6 comments:

  1. YES to Mara and Noah!! They're two of my favorites! LOVE them! I can't wait for The Shaw Confessions.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't bring myself to read the third book in the series, but as soon as the new series starts I'm going to have to catch up!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Some great couples. I actually became a Hayley and Nathan fan in One Tree Hill. If we're talking TV, I'd add Damon and Elena (or Enzo and Bonnie) from Vampire Diaries. A Quiet Kind of Thunder just got put on my TBR list! :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathan and Hayley were amazing too, as were Brooke and Julian <3 So many OTPs on that show. I know Enzo and Bonnie get together but I haven't seen any episodes with them as a couple yet - whoops...
      I hope you love A Quiet Kind of Thunder as much as I did. It's definitely one of my favourite novels of all time, and one of the first that I've wanted to start reading again the second I finished it.

      Delete
  3. This just reminded me to pick up the second book in the Mara Dyer series! And yesss to Elena and Damon.

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Haleb!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/top-ten-tuesday-96/

    ReplyDelete