Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five characters I used to love

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

I find it very easy to fall out of love with characters. They either keep doing stupid things and irritate me too much, become complete assholes, or have their happily ever after and completely fade into the background.
These five are characters from books and shows that I loved at one point, but can't stand now.

5) Jon Snow
Image result for jon snow gif
Jon Snow was one of my favourite characters in 'Game of Thrones' until he died and came back in the most predictable way ever. Now I couldn't really care less, and I wish he'd been the victim in the Battle of the Bastards.

4) Jacob Black
Image result for jacob gif twilight
I always shipped Jacob and Bella over Edward and Bella, because I thought Jacob was the bee's knees. Now, though, I think Jacob's a little bit pathetic. She obviously doesn't love him and is using him, yet he lets her trample all over him before he... falls in love with her child? Oh my. 

3) Magnus Bane
Image result for magnus bane gif
Okay, Harry Shum Jr.'s portrayal of Magnus in the 'Shadowhunters' TV show redeems him slightly, but after reading some of the Magnus Bane Chronicles short stories I fell out of love with this character. Yes, he's had an extremely long life and some very exciting adventures, but we don't need to have every single one of them written down!

2) Bellamy Blake
Image result for bellamy the 100 gif
Bellamy was one of my favourite characters in the first couple of seasons of 'The 100', but in season 3 he got very cocky and I found scenes with him almost impossible to watch. I'm hoping that'll change when the next season starts, but I'm not holding my breath.

1) The Joker
Image result for the joker gif jared leto
Since seeing Jared Leto's representation of the Joker, I haven't been able to stand him. I struggled before, thanks to his abusive relationship with Harley Quinn and his attempted murder of Barbara Gordon, but now every time I read a comic that features the Joker I can't stop thinking about those disgusting grills. Shudder.

Are there any characters you used to really love that you can't stand now?

No comments:

Post a Comment