Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

August wrap-up

Hey everyone! Taking a break from writing my review of Reading festival (which is going to take me weeks - I have so much I want to say and I'm juggling it with work and reading...) I'm just gonna give you a really quick summary of how my August went.

Bookish wrap-up:
In August, I read 15 books, including 3 non-fiction books and 4 graphic novels. Because of the exciting week of concerts I attended in the last week, I knew my reading figures weren't going to be that high - I'm still quite proud.
Saying that, I didn't read any books towards my challenges, so I have to work extra hard to catch up with the #2016ClassicsChallenge and my series challenge during September.  

The best books I read in August?:
Image result for paper butterflies lisa heathfieldImage result for unrivaled alyson noel
I thought both of these books were 5 star reads.

The worst book I read in August?:
Image result for fallout gwenda bond
I only gave this one two stars, because the characters were too simplistic while the plot was convoluted and very difficult to understand.

Musical wrap-up:

I don't have an album of the month this month, because I've been listening to a lot of different songs to get ready for Reading festival.

That means I have three songs of the month:

1) 'Lydia' by Highly Suspect
After hearing this for the first time I knew I was going to check out Highly Suspect at Reading, and I ended up staying for their entire set - they're radio rock with a bite, very refreshing.

2) 'Closer' by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey

Despite the fact that The Chainsmokers weren't playing at Reading, I couldn't get this song out of my head all month. It's a real summer anthem.

3) 'Stupid For You' by Waterparks

The best new song that was released this month was 'Stupid For You' by Waterparks. Yes, it's currently been out just over 24 hours, but that still means it qualifies for August! Their first full-length album is being released November 4th, and I'm beyond excited to hear the other 12 new songs. 

My concert of the month might be a surprise to you - it's wasn't Good Charlotte and Waterparks! I think the best show I went to this month, for the sheer experience, was Sleeping With Sirens and State Champs acoustic at the Union Chapel. I've never had such a unique or beautiful evening.

So what did you get up to in August? Did you go to any festivals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment