Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five books to read in 2016

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

I have a gazillion books I want to read, so trying to narrow it down to the five that I want to read this year? That was really difficult.
But I have managed to do it! Whether I'll actually be able to read them all in time remains to be seen...

5) 'Nothing Tastes as Good' by Claire Hennessy
When it comes to books about eating disorders I really struggle to read them. I pre-ordered 'Nothing Tastes as Good' and I was so excited to read it, but I haven't been in the right mindset to read it. I'm hoping that will change by the end of the year. 

4) 'Holding Up The Universe' by Jennifer Niven
Don't tell anyone I told you, but I was actually accepted to read and review 'Holding Up The Universe' on NetGalley! I'm hoping to read this sooner rather than later, but I also want to read 'All The Bright Places' before I read this one - hopefully I'll have time to get both of them done. 

3) 'Ulysses' by James Joyce
As soon as I started the #2016ClassicsChallenge, I knew I was going to get around to 'Ulysses'. I'm now over halfway through the year and haven't picked it up yet - I promise I will!

2) 'A Court of Mist and Fury' by Sarah J. Maas
I read 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' and I absolutely loved it, so it would make sense if I just continued on with the damn series, wouldn't it? BUT IT'S SO BIG. I struggle to read large books, and this can't be described as slim.

1) 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' by J. K. Rowling
If I read 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' by the end of the year, it'll mean I've also pushed myself to read the third and fourth installments in the series. I don't think I'll be able to get the whole thing completed just yet, but I'm still working on it!

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! Are there any books you really want to read by the end of the year?

1 comment:

  1. :O have you only just started reading the Harry Potter series?

    ReplyDelete