Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five books that need sequels

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

I am a huge fan of standalones, so it's not often that I feel as though a book needs a sequel. In fact, the majority of sequels I've read recently haven't needed to exist: recycled plot lines, little character development... They just get so dragging.
But these five are different.
I would love it if these five books had sequels, because they actually have unresolved tension and the possibility to go further.

5) 'Terminated' by Rachel Caine
When I read (and fell in love with) Rachel Caine's Revivalist series, I didn't realise it was only going to be a trilogy. I sped through each book and eagerly anticipated the next one... But then the fourth book never came.

4) 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green
I know John Green only writes standalone novels, but I've already read this one over and over and over again, and I'd quite like to be able to read something new with the same cast of characters.

3) 'Fangirl' by Rainbow Rowell
I love Cath and Levi, and I'd love to read more of their story and adventures in college. I was excited when 'Carry On' was announced, because it links with 'Fangirl', but it's not strictly a sequel - I still need more. 

2) 'Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda' by Becky Albertalli
This is one of my favourite books, and is perfect exactly as it is. It works brilliantly as a standalone, but I just really want to revisit Simon!

1) 'The Year We Fell Apart' by Emily Martin
I only read this a few days ago, but there's a lot of opportunity for companion novels because the supporting cast of characters is very rich. 

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! Are there any books you really wish had sequels?

No comments:

Post a Comment