Pages

Sunday 3 July 2016

June wrap-up

Despite the fact that I'm still on a bit of a break, I thought I'd pop in and write my monthly wrap-up... Hopefully it'll inspire me rather than depressing me because of how little I've been doing...

Bookish wrap-up:

This month I read 8 books, including 2 graphic novels. I didn't read a classic for the #2016ClassicsChallenge, but I did read the entirety of the Forest of Hands and Teeth companion trilogy by Carrie Ryan for my personal series challenge.

The best books I read this month?:

I adored both of these books and they were absolutely flawless. Shining bright spots in a month of very average reading. 

The worst book I read this month?:
I have never been more bored. I genuinely don't understand how this was published at this length, because it should have been about 200 pages shorter than it was. 

I feel so disappointed that I read less than 10 books this month, but it's been a super busy time and I've been finding it extremely difficult to focus on reading. Fingers crossed I'll be able to read more in July. 

Musical wrap-up:

There have been a lot of exciting singles released this month, but June was a bit of a strange month for full-lengths: most of them have either just released, in this first week of July, or were released at the end of May.
That means I'm not going to pick a new release as my album of the month, but instead I'm going to pick the Waterparks EP 'Black Light', which I've been listening to on repeat.


For single of the month I'm actually going to pick three songs that I haven't been able to stop listening to.

First up, the first single from Yellowcard's final (and self-titled!) album, 'Rest In Peace'.

The second song I had to choose was Sum 41's 'Fake My Own Death'. It's the comeback song from Sum 41, for Christ's sake, of course it's brilliant. 


The most exciting song that was released this month? 'Heathens' by Twenty One Pilots, which is featuring on the Suicide Squad soundtrack. 

My concert of the month was unquestionably Gnarwolves performing at Level 3 in Swindon. Because of the blogging break I didn't actually review this one, but it was the craziest show I've ever seen at the venue (and when you consider I've seen bands such as Young Guns, Fearless Vampire Killers and Don Broco headlining it, that's a feat). SO MUCH CROWDSURFING!

I hope you enjoyed this monthly wrap-up, and hopefully that's the end of the blogging slump (for now, at least!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment