Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five characters I'm most like

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

Whenever I'm reading a book, I always find that I'll connect more with one character than all of the rest because we have similar personality traits. I really loved these books, and that was mostly because I could see myself in the characters.

5) Lara Jean Song
I also used to write letters to the people I loved in an attempt to get my emotions out and understand my feelings better - the only difference is that I was stupid enough to send them on purpose! 

4) Alaska Young and Miles Halter
I relate to Alaska because of her obsession with reading and her depression, and I relate to Miles because of his unrequited love and the surety of his emotions. I see myself all over this book.

3) Faith Sunderly
I only read 'The Lie Tree' a few days ago, but I really related to Faith. She's a strong feminist and she doesn't believe that boys should be allowed to do anything that girls can't, despite the fact that she's living in the Victorian era. 

2) Toria Bland
Toria moves to a new school and falls head over heels in love with the lead singer of a local band. That sounds just like something I would do! But she then starts experiencing feelings for her best friend, Polly - it's a rollercoaster, but I relate to it so well.

1) Ivy Milbourn
All Ivy really wants to do with her summer is read. She has a male best friend and she doesn't want anything to happen between them. She takes everything to heart and doesn't think she's good enough for anyone, no matter how hard she pushes herself, because she doesn't have an innate and undeniable talent. I'm very much like Ivy.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! What character are you most like?

No comments:

Post a Comment