Pages

Monday 30 May 2016

NEW MUSIC MONDAY: WSTR


I actually skipped New Music Monday last week, so I need to apologise for that! I didn't have a band that I was desperate to feature, so I didn't want to force myself to write a low standard post.

That's changed this week though, because I really want to introduce you to WSTR. I'm posting this from my hotel room in Hertfordshire, where I'm about to go to Slam Dunk festival - WSTR are one of my priority bands, and I'm so excited to see them in a live setting.
Comprised of vocalist Sammy Clifford, guitarists Kieren Alder and Danny Swift, bassist Alex Tobijanski and drummer Conor, Liverpool's WSTR only formed last year - it means there's not an awful lot of information about them out there on the internet!
They've had an extremely successful first year as a band though, helped along by their friendship with Neck Deep and their musical similarities to The Wonder Years and Sum 41.

WSTR released their debut EP, 'SKRWD', at the end of 2015 - I'd suggest you grab a copy, because you don't want to miss this band.

Check out the video for 'Graveyard Shift', and see if you can spot a cameo from a certain Welsh vocalist:


If you have a band and you'd like to be featured next week, you can contact me on Twitter or through my contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment