Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five fictional items I want

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

We've all been there: you're reading a book, and the character pulls out their completely fictional item, and you realise you've never needed anything more in life. You will do anything to make that thing real - ANYTHING - and you slap your hands on the ground and scream in frustration when you realise it's just not possible.

5) Pepper Imps from the world of Harry Potter
Yes, Pepper Imps have been made in the real world, but they don't let you breathe fire on people - they're just regular sweets. Tad bit disappointing, no?

4) Invisibility cloak from the Harry Potter world
Sometimes, I really don't want to bother with people. This cloak is the ultimate invention for an introvert - just throw it over your head and pretend you aren't there, no one will ever know the difference!

3) Morozova's collar from the Grisha trilogy
Similarly to the Pepper Imps, people have antler chokers that look similar to Morozova's collar, but they aren't magical - at least they're lighter than I'd imagined the amplifier would be! 

2) The Remembrall from the world of Harry Potter
The smoke in the Remembrall turns red when the holder has forgotten something. I forget things a lot, but sometimes I just need a nudge to remind me - this would really help me with that!
For someone who hasn't read the entire series of Harry Potter books, I want a heck of a lot of stuff from their world. 

1) Pokemon
Image credit to bigjb21 on DeviantArt!
Watching the show isn't enough. Playing the games isn't enough. I need to have a Pokemon.
Yeah, yeah, real pets are cool and all - I like my dog - but he's not a water-spouting, fire-breathing, kickass defending machine. And my dog can't evolve.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! What fictional items do you NEED to have? 

5 comments:

  1. Pokémon! I'd love to own onw. "My dog can't evolve" LOL. Great list!

    Here's mine --> TOP 5 FICTIONAL ITEMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be literally the greatest thing in the world. I'd probably die from happiness and not get to experience it... But still!

      Delete
  2. It was a struggle for me not to just make a Top 5 Harry Potter Items I want list!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/top-5-fictional-items-i-want.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was married for 16 years to a loving wife and mother. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to Lord Zakuza for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with Lord Zakuza my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what Lord Zakuza did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can WhatsApp Lord Zakuza for help or text with this number +1 (740) 573-9483 or you can send him an email to Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete