Pages

Monday 15 February 2016

NEW MUSIC MONDAY: Cold Summer

(New Music Monday is adapted from Music Monday, hosted by Lauren at Always Me)


Hello everyone, and welcome to the third installment of New Music Monday! This week, I'm featuring Cold Summer, who contacted me early last week to give me a special sneak preview of their upcoming music video, 'A Time Imagination Forgot To Inspire'.

Cold Summer, comprised of Dan Feast on vocals, Chris Harrison on guitar, Chris Hepworth on bass and Justin Eastwood on drums, only formed in late 2011, but the band have already self-released two EPs ('Transitions' and 'Wake') and a self-titled full length album. This DIY attitude is extremely commendable, and when you combine that with the fact that they managed to completely book their own album release tour - the devotion and passion of this band is impressive.
2015 was a quieter year for the band, as they took time away to write the new music that has gone on to become their newest EP, 'Fight To Survive', which is releasing on April 1st. As the band sent it through to me I've already had a quick listen and I definitely liked what I heard - I'll be reviewing it in depth closer to the release date, but these guys are certainly one to watch if you like your music with a bit of grit to it.

Because 'A Time Imagination Forgot To Inspire' is only becoming available to the general public on Friday, I've listened to their back catalogue and chosen a favourite to feature on this post, which ended up being 'A Is For Arson'. Check that out below...

You can instantly see why the band have had slots supporting bands such as Funeral For A Friend, because their post-hardcore sound combined with Dan's unique vocal tone certainly throws things back to the early 00's. The post-hardcore scene has been getting neglected recently, and it's nice to hear a band doing things the proper way.
When the video for 'A Time Imagination Forgot To Inspire' is released on Friday, I'm going to be featuring it on a post: I'll do a little single review and post my thoughts about the video, so check back for that later in the week!

If you'd like to find out more about Cold Summer, you can follow the band on twitter or find them on facebook.

If you have a band and you'd like to be featured in New Music Monday, you can contact me on twitter or through my contact page. Thank you for checking out New Music Monday: I hope you like Cold Summer, and I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment