Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Winter edition

Happy Friday! The weather has most definitely turned - it's absolutely freezing outside! - so winter has definitely arrived. The following songs are perfect to listen to in the dreadful weather (I definitely recommend them for walking home in the cold late at night!).

10) 'Winter Passing' by The Academy Is...
Is the title not enough of a reason? Well, and the fact that it's The Academy Is..., I'll use any excuse to put them on a playlist. 

9) 'The Light That Shines Twice As Bright' by Lostprophets
I haven't included any of the bands songs in the playlists so far, because it's still too soon after the imprisonment of their vocalist, but it felt wrong to pass over this song. I can't put my finger on why, but it reminds me of frost and the first snow. 

8) 'The A Team' by Ed Sheeran
"Breathing in the snowflakes". 

7) 'Breathe Me' by Sia
Such a stunning song, and listening to it in the cold really heightens the emotion of the lyrics. 

6) 'Bad Day' by Daniel Powter
"You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost." 

5) 'Deathbeds' by Bring Me The Horizon
Definitely the calmest and most beautiful Bring Me The Horizon song: heartbreaking. 

4) 'Winter Kiss' by Young Guns

This song makes you feel really powerful when you're walking quickly to it in snow. Risking your life to a very rocky track? Super badass. 

3) 'Angels' by The XX
Such a beautiful song, and it definitely sends a shiver down your spine. 

2) 'Goner' by twenty one pilots
The original version, with the snowy video and the hauntingly beautiful accordion accompaniment. 

1) 'Sweater Weather' by The Neighbourhood
I feel as though I've used this song in my playlists too much this year, but I can't resist using it one more time. "It's too cold, for you here".

I hope you have a good week - remember to wrap up warm, because it's getting extremely cold out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment