Pages

Friday 18 December 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Christmas edition (Classics)

I'm a sucker for Christmas.
Christmas jumpers, Christmas trees, Christmas music.
Christmas music is my absolute jam. So, of course, this Christmas playlist has to be a ginormous, Christmassy two part extravaganza. One playlist filled with classic Christmas songs, the other filled with modern and pop-punk masterpieces.
Sorry not sorry.

10) 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer'
Preferably the version with the ad libs, in which everyone sings about the Spice Girls. 

9) 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' by The Jackson 5
It's just so cute! ...Even if the story behind the song is just a little bit creepy. 

8) 'Merry Christmas Everybody' by Slade
One of the most iconic openings ever. 

7) 'Jingle Bell Rock' by Bobby Helms
Purely for that iconic scene in 'Mean Girls'. 

6) 'Santa Baby' by Eartha Kitt

5) 'It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas' by Michael Buble
Michael Buble's entire Christmas album is rather spectacular, but the opening track is something extremely special. 

4) 'White Christmas' by Bing Crosby
"I'm dreaming of a white christmas", but with how damp the weather is here I don't think my dreams are going to come true. 

3) 'Last Christmas' by Wham!
There are so many brilliant covers of this song (some of which will appear in next week's playlist) but you can't really top the original. 

2) 'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues
Hardcore Christmas. 

1) 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey
Try to beat this song. Go on, I dare you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment