Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2015

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five authors I discovered this year

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

5) Sarah Benwell
'The Last Leaves Falling' is still one of my favourite reads this year, so I'm glad that I discovered Sarah Benwell's beautiful writing. I can't wait for her to release her second novel, because I'm sure it will be just as beautiful

4) Lisa Williamson
'The Art Of Being Normal' is another of the best debut novels this year. I was lucky enough to meet Lisa, and she was really lovely - hearing that she's already working on her second novel is very exciting. 

3) Erica Crouch
It doesn't feel like I only discovered Erica Crouch's writing this year, because I've read her entire Ignite series and one of her short stories. I love her voice and her writing style, so I'm constantly on the look out for more of her releases. 

2) Nova Ren Suma
I read 'The Walls Around Us' just before it released, and I thought it was brilliant. I was certain it was a debut novel, because I thought I would have heard of Nova Ren Suma before if it wasn't - it turns out she already had a whole bunch of books released. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of them. 

1) Melissa Grey
Another debut novel, I needed to include Melissa Grey on this list because 'The Girl At Midnight' is one of the best books I've read this year. I know I keep saying that, but it's true - I've discovered some amazing debut authors. 

I'm really happy with the awesome authors that I've discovered this year, and I'm even more excited to read their new releases in the future! Which authors have you discovered in 2015?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these authors! But I've taken note and will be checking them out :)
    That's why I love these Top Five Wednesday posts, they're great for discovering new things!

    Here's my T5W post: http://sarahschapter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/t5w-authors-ive-discovered-this-year.html

    Sarah x
    Sarah's Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend all of them - you won't be disappointed with what you discover! :)

      Delete