Pages

Friday 4 September 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Best songs I saw at Reading 2015 edition

I know, I know, I haven't stopped going on about Reading festival over the last couple of weeks - it's a massive deal, okay?! But I promise that this will be the last post about it until next year... Maybe...

Because I saw such a huge amount of songs at the weekend, I decided to compile a list of my top ten songs - the ones that were stuck in my head for the entire day after hearing them, the ones that I was humming to myself on the bus to work days afterwards.

10) 'Holy' by PVRIS
Of course.

9) '10,000 Summers' by No Devotion
It's a bit too slow to go further up this list, but when Geoff Rickly incited the chant of "ten thousand summers" at the end of the song, I had goosebumps. 

8) 'What Went Down' by Foals
WHEN I SEE A MAN I SEE A LION.

7) 'Cool Kids' by Echosmith
Yes, it's glorified pop music, but I love it - okay?!

6) 'Happy Song' by Bring Me The Horizon
S. P. I. R. I. T. SPIRIT. LET'S HEAR IT.

5) 'Regret' by Everything Everything
I mess up in life frequently, meaning that the chant of "Regret! Regret!" has become my constant emotion throughout this summer. 

4) 'Hallelujah' by Panic! At The Disco
I didn't think much of this song when I first heard it, but it's damn addictive live.

3) 'I Hate You' by Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Pro tip: Don't sing this song to your best friend - they won't appreciate it. Frank Carter hurts feelings.

2) 'Weighted' by frnkiero and the Cellabration
I never would have thought that Frank Iero would get a song on one of my playlists, but I freaking love this one and can't stop listening to it.

1) 'Boom' by Simple Plan
Could there really be any doubt? The first time I heard it was live, and it's got such a great, fun singalong - Simple Plan are the kings of the chorus, and this one is another jewel in their crown. 

I hope you enjoyed this week's Friday playlist - see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment