Pages

Friday 7 August 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Lauren's birthday edition


On Sunday, it is the 18th birthday of one of my best friends, so I thought what better way to say happy birthday than to dedicate this week's Friday playlist to her? This is going to be the most obscure playlist I've ever created, but I'm hoping she's going to love it and it's going to bring back loads of brilliant memories. Everybody, say HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN! 

10) 'Greatest Day' by Take That

She's a proper cool kid, so she's a massive fan of Take That. I hope you enjoy your daily dose of Barlow. 

9) 'Into The Great Wide Open' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Hadn't been a massive Tom Petty fan before Lauren came along, but I like his music quite a bit now. 

8) 'King For A Day' by Green Day

Had to choose the live version - I'm sorry. If I'm right (I'm probably not right) this is her favourite Green Day song: fingers crossed. 

7) 'Addict With A Pen' by twenty one pilots

I promise, one day I will listen to the rest of 'Blurryface'. I picked 'Addict With A Pen' because we went to see the band at Oxford together a couple of years ago, and there was a gentleman who was very obviously off of his face on something stood right behind us screaming at Tyler to "PLAY ADDICT WITH A PEN" and just casually leaning on Lauren as he stood there. It was the first moment I remember feeling properly, 100% concerned about her, and I think that was the moment for me that I realised I really did love her - she became my best friend and wiggled her way into my heart without me even realising it. 

6) 'Rising Up' by Young Guns

WOAH-OH-OH-OH-OHOHOH. 

5) 'I Love Rock and Roll' by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Always need a bit of girl power. 

4) 'Blue (Da Ba Dee)' by Eiffel 65

Struggled to choose between this and 'Trippin' On Sunshine' by Pizzaman, but I chose this partially for the little EDF Energy dancing poop

3) 'Macarena' by Los del Rio

Can't be beat, especially when we rock the dance to this on Skype. 

2) 'Heartbeat Slowing Down' by The All-American Rejects

Such a pretty lyric video. I thought I better put another cool song on this playlist, so we don't look absolutely insane to the entire world. We still do, though. Sorry about that. 

1) 'Any Way You Want It' by Journey

Any time we were driving to a concert, this song would come on and get stuck in my head for the rest of the evening - thought I'd cement it in your head for your entire Friday! 

There were so many more songs I was considering picking: Panic! At The Disco, Biffy Clyro, Fall Out Boy, Macklemore, Ashes To Angels... I really could have made this playlist about two hundred and eighty songs long, so it's a good thing that Friday playlists max out at ten. I'm just going to put in one extra added bonus song, cause she really, REALLY loves this one... 


I love you, Lauren. Happy birthday ;) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment