Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Last ten books that came into my possession

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

Hello, and welcome to my first ever installment of Top Ten Tuesday! I've been following it on other people's blogs for quite a while, but I thought it was about time I hopped on this bandwagon and had a go at it myself.


Because I'm trying not to buy too many books this month, hopefully this is actually going to be my complete haul for July! I'll talk you through them...

1) 'Broadchurch' by Erin Kelly
If you haven't heard of 'Broadchurch', where have you been? It's a massively popular drama series, featuring Olivia Colman and David Tennant. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but when I saw the novel adaptation in The Works in their 3 for £5 section, I snapped it up.

2) 'The Killing Club' by Paul Finch
This book was also in the 3 for £5 at The Works, and as I bought a Paul Finch novel when I was down in Weymouth, I thought it would be worth buying another of his books.

3) 'Half-Blood' by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've only ever read one book by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and I found that one utterly disappointing. I've heard much better things about the Lux series and the Covenant series, so I'm hoping this one will be a bit of a better book. This was the third of the 3 for £5 books I picked up.

4) 'Sinner' by Maggie Stiefvater
I have wanted to read 'Sinner' since it came out, but I've been too cheap to pay for a full price, brand new book, so I'd been waiting to find it on offer or reduced. However, as it was buy one get one half price in Waterstones, I decided to buy it with...

5) 'The Lost and the Found' by Cat Clarke
which is a book I've been excited about for a really long time, so I had to buy it during its release week. Cat Clarke is one of my favourite authors (even though I still haven't managed to read her last two books yet) and the premise of this one sounds so intriguing, focusing on what happens when a missing child comes home all grown up. I haven't read any books like this before, and I am very excited to see what happens.

6) 'Crave' by Melissa Darnell
'Crave' has been on my Amazon wishlist since I joined the site, which was many, many years ago. I spotted it and I bought it, even though I can't really remember the premise or why I wanted to read it so badly all those years ago. Hopefully it'll be good.

7) 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley
I actually own 'Frankenstein' on my Kindle, and I have already read it, but I just thought the cover of this one was so beautiful I needed to purchase it.



8) 'The Suspicions of Mr Whicher' by Kate Summerscale
This has also become a super popular drama series (I have no idea if it's still running, but I heard good things about it at the time!) and it was one of those books that I couldn't believe I didn't already own. It's based on a true story from the Victorian times, and I haven't read any historical fiction for a very long time, so I'm looking forward to this one.

9) 'The Twins' by Saskia Sarginson
I love psychological stories, and this definitely seems like one - one of the twins is a famous magazine art director, while the other twin is slowly tearing herself apart and descending into madness, all because of something that happened when they were younger. I haven't heard too much about this book, but the description gripped me - hopefully the risk will pay off!

10) 'Red Glove' by Holly Black
Last, but most certainly not least, I bought the second book in the Curse Workers trilogy by Holly Black. No, I have not got the first book, but I really enjoy Holly Black's writing style so I'm going to get hold of it eventually!

I hope you enjoyed this installment of Top Ten Tuesday; see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment