Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five anticipated pre-orders for the rest of the year

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

Similarly to Top Ten Tuesday, I've been following Top Five Wednesday for as long as I can remember (definitely over six months!) but I've never had the time or the patience to join in. However, that's now changed; so hold on to your hats, and join me in looking at me top five anticipated pre-orders for the rest of the year...

5) 'Queens of Shadows' by Sarah J. Maas


Gonna be completely honest, I still haven't had time to start the Throne of Glass series, but I'm excited about it anyway! Hopefully I'll have caught up by the time the fourth installment releases, all the way on the 1st of September.

4) 'Winter' by Marissa Meyer


Same as 'Queen of Shadows', I actually haven't started Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series yet, but I'm sure I'm going to absolutely love them. I'm also aiming to get caught up on this series by the release of 'Winter', which comes out November 12th, so I've purchased them all this morning!

3) 'Carry On' by Rainbow Rowell


When Rainbow Rowell announced that she was releasing a full-length version of 'Carry On', the Simon Snow fan-fiction referenced throughout 'Fangirl', I was equal parts excited and apprehensive. I love Rainbow's writing, which leads to much excitement, but the fan-fiction seemed not-so-loosely based upon Harry Potter, so I was worried about how it could become a novel in it's own right. I'm definitely interested to see how I feel about this one after reading it... 
'Carry On' releases on the 8th of October.

2) 'Asking For It' by Louise O'Neill


With a harrowing synopsis and a creepy cover, Louise O'Neill's second novel looks just as distressing as her first novel, but I just can't wait to see how the story pans out. 'Asking For It' comes out September 3rd. 

1) 'Another Day' by David Levithan


Last, but certainly not least, I'm anticipating the release of 'Another Day' by David Levithan, which comes out in two weeks time. 'Every Day' is my favourite David Levithan novel (his writing is very Marmite to me, but I've definitely disliked more of his books) and I can't wait to see what he does with this companion novel. I don't really think the book needed any more added to it - it was a very complete and tidily finished standalone - but I'm not going to say no to more time with Rhiannon and A. 

And that's all for this week's Top Five Wednesday - see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment