Pages

Saturday 4 July 2015

June Book Haul!

Couple of days late, but better late than never! I'm not going to go into too much detail on this one, as I bought quite a few books that aren't YA (in fact, I only bought three YA books this month!) as I've been in much more of a mood for contemporary and crime. I got 34 books this month (one of theme being my first Bookbridgr book - more on that later!) so keep reading to find out which ones...

Books in series:
This month I managed to find a lot of books in series/by authors that I'd previously read.


I've actually already read 'From Notting Hill With Four Weddings... Actually' by Ali McNamara - it's an adorable contemporary that is so completely over-the-top filled with cliches, but I adored it. 'From Notting Hill With Four Weddings... Actually' is the third (and I believe final) book in the series, and I'm most excited about that one out of all of these.

Crime books: 
As well as buying books in series, I also bought a few crime books from authors that I hadn't heard of before - or, at least, hadn't read/bought before. Some of these might be books in series, I haven't had a chance to look yet! 


I've wanted to read 'Elizabeth Is Missing' for so long - the synopsis alone sent shivers down my spine, so I couldn't believe it when I found a copy at my village fete for a mere 50p! 

Contemporaries: 
As the year gets warmer, and oh boy is it warmer, I always feel the urge to read contemporaries, so I had to pick up a few of those in June too...


I'm pretty excited for all of these. I've heard lots of good things about Judy Blume, but she's just one of those authors that I've never stumbled across before. I've been looking for 'The Miniaturist' for a while, and I bought 'The Shock Of The Fall' on my Kindle a few months ago, but the paperback copy is beautiful. 'The Two of Us' sounds heart-breaking, but I'm very judgmental on books like that one, so I'm a bit apprehensive about it. 
I'm probably least pumped for 'The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden', because the last Jonas Jonasson book I read didn't impress me too much, but that was nearly a year ago, so I'm willing to give him another try. 

Sci-Fi/Paranormal:
Didn't buy too many of these this month...


I'm very excited about 'Brave New Love', which is a collection of dystopian romances that includes short stories by Maria V. Snyder and Kiera Cass! 

Bookbridgr: 

Last, but most definitely not least, I received this beautiful advanced version of 'Way Down Dark' by JP Smythe. I want to say a massive thank you to both Bookbridgr and Hodderscape, because I really enjoyed this novel - in fact, my review is coming later tonight! 

Another month, another book haul - hot damn, where has the time gone? I'm going to try to save some money over this next month, as the new laptop has definitely eaten into the savings, so don't expect too many books in the July book haul, but have a great month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment