Pages

Friday 17 July 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Bonfire edition


It was the birthday of a close friend yesterday, so we had a lovely little meet-up and celebrated her twentieth. It got me to thinking - if I could choose one way to celebrate my birthday, it would definitely be a beach bonfire; my birthday is in April, so it would be a freezing cold, probably wet and definitely unenjoyable day, but it's up high on my bucket list.
And what music would I play at this birthday bonfire?

10) 'Bukowski' by Moose Blood


"To keep warm, I'll bring a sweater, you can have mine, it looks better. And honestly? You can take it home."

9) 'A Part Of Me' by Neck Deep (ft. Laura Whiteside) 


What says bonfire more than beautiful acoustic music? Nothing, that's what. 

8) 'Bonfire Heart' by James Blunt


A bit of a cliched choice, I know, but this song is brilliant - even if it is by James Blunt. 

7) 'Home' by Phillip Phillips


Phillip Phillips has one of the best vocals I've ever heard. The "ooh, ooh, ooh" section near the chorus sends shivers down my spine ever time I hear it. 

6) 'Home' by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros


This was the song of my summer two years ago, so this would have to be played at a bonfire. 

5) 'Mine' by Taylor Swift


A bonfire wouldn't be complete without a group singalong to some TSwift, and what better song than 'Mine'? 

4) 'You Wanna Know (Club Sex remix)' by Don Broco


This song is just so chilled out and relaxed.

3) 'Goner' by twenty one pilots


Perhaps too sad for a bonfire, but it's one of my all time favourite twenty one pilots songs, and I think it would be perfect towards the end of the evening, when the sting of the cold was getting a little too much to bear. 

2) 'Our Apartment' by Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties


Again, the lyrical content might be a bit too depressing for a bonfire, but that percussive section is so damn happy!

1) 'Sweater Weather' by The Neighbourhood

And we've come full circle. Moose Blood gave us a sweater, and now The Neighbourhood are holding both of our hands in the holes of their sweaters.

I hope you enjoyed this bonfire playlist - if you have a bonfire over the summer, let me know if you put any of the songs on!

No comments:

Post a Comment